Students preparing for higher education in America have received some positive news. The USA has announced that it will release appointment slots for visa interviews in the second week of this month, which will be beneficial for students planning to study in the US. It is anticipated that a larger number of student visas (F-1) will be issued this time around, compared to previous years.
Exact dates for the appointment slots have not yet been announced, and experts suggest that students should frequently check the website of the American Consulate to keep themselves updated. Educational institutions in America accept admissions in both the spring and fall seasons every year. The majority of students from India prefer to go during the fall season. A significant number of students from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh have already received I-20 certificates from various universities. These students will be attending interviews at the US Embassy in Delhi as well as consulate offices in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
Experts suggest that students should be prepared to attend interviews wherever the slots are available. The US has a target of processing 10 lakh visa applications this year. The officials have announced that applicants should check and make appropriate arrangements to ensure crowd control during the visa application process.
Jennifer Larson, Consul General of the American Consulate in Hyderabad, has clarified that students will be given high priority in the visa slots that will be released in the months of June and July. America has also announced that it will release special slots for students who have attended interviews for student visas in the past but did not qualify. This news has been welcomed by students who were unable to attend the second round of interviews last spring season. It is expected that those who appear for the second round of interviews will have a better chance of obtaining a visa this time.
The US Consulate in Hyderabad has organized an online awareness program by Education USA from 3 to 4 pm on Thursday to educate students and their parents about F-1 visa applications and to clear any doubts they may have. This will be a helpful resource for students who are planning to study in the US.
How to get USA student visa :
Obtaining a student visa to study in the United States can be a challenging and complex process. However, with careful planning and preparation, it is possible to secure a student visa and begin your educational journey in the US. Here are some important steps to follow to obtain a student visa:
- Apply to a SEVP-certified school: The first step in obtaining a student visa is to apply to a SEVP-certified school in the United States. SEVP stands for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, which is a program that certifies schools to enroll international students. You must be accepted to a SEVP-certified school before you can apply for a student visa.
- Pay the SEVIS fee: Once you have been accepted to a SEVP-certified school, you must pay the SEVIS fee. The SEVIS fee is a fee that international students must pay to the US government to cover the cost of maintaining their student records in the SEVIS system.
- Complete the DS-160 form: The next step is to complete the DS-160 form, which is the online nonimmigrant visa application form. You will need to provide personal information, information about your intended stay in the US, and information about your academic qualifications.
- Schedule an interview: After you have completed the DS-160 form, you must schedule an interview at the US embassy or consulate in your home country. The interview is a crucial step in the visa application process, and you must be prepared to answer questions about your academic background, your reasons for studying in the US, and your plans after completing your studies.
- Attend the interview: On the day of your interview, you must bring all the required documents, including your passport, the DS-160 confirmation page, your SEVIS fee receipt, and your school acceptance letter. You should also be prepared to answer any questions the visa officer may have about your application.
- Wait for your visa: If your visa application is approved, you will be issued a student visa, which will allow you to travel to the US and begin your studies. If your application is denied, you will be informed of the reasons for the denial, and you may have the opportunity to appeal the decision.
In conclusion, obtaining a student visa to study in the United States can be a challenging process, but with careful planning and preparation, it is possible to succeed. It is important to start the application process early and to be fully prepared for the interview. With the right attitude and determination, you can achieve your goal of studying in the US.